Halls Estate Agents, the friendly, family, independant sales & lettings company serving Brighton since 1997. Let our hard working, caring, professional staff take care of your property needs.
Our unrivalled local knowledge combined with a refreshing approach has proved to be a magnet for people looking to buy, sell, rent and let properties in Brighton & Hove.
Price Guide £650,000 to £675,000. For the Freehold, beautifully-presented, spacious, five-bedroomed Victorian family home with garden is in the heart of Brighton’s friendly Round Hill community and conservation area.
Built in the late 1800s, the property is full of charm and character. It has gas central heating and a wealth of original internal features including high ceilings, Victorian fireplaces, plaster mouldings and sash windows.
All of which adds up to a very cosy home in winter, while the recently-landscaped lawned garden, including a mature, fruiting grape vine and a large decked area, make it a haven of peace in summer time.
Location, location, location…
Round Hill Crescent is an ideal place for families, as it is in the catchment area for several high-ranking primary and secondary schools.
There is always something fun to do with the kids here, too, as Brighton town centre, the beach and many parks are within easy walking distance, and the glorious South Downs are just a few minutes’ drive away.
Food shopping is no problem, either, as a large Sainsbury’s is, literally, just around the corner and the newly developed Open Market a short stroll away.
The property is also conveniently situated for commuting, being just a short walk from both Brighton mainline and London Road train stations.
For more about living in this community, please visit the Round Hill Society website: www.roundhill.org.uk
This freehold property has a generous loft space that could be converted into a sixth bedroom/office area. There is also potential to extend the downstairs area by developing the outside utility area. Additional features: Gas central heating, on-street permit parking.
The spacious Living and Dining Rooms could easily be converted into an open-plan kitchen/living area if desired.
Living Room (4.24m x 3.84m). Fully carpeted, with beautiful antique, tiled fully-functioning open fireplace (pictured, right) and wooden mantelpiece. Bay window with sweeping views of Round Hill Crescent.
Dining Room (3.83m x 3.28m). Fully-functioning stone fireplace and mantelpiece, polished solid oak flooring. Serving hatch to reception room and double half-glass doors leading to outside areas and garden.
Kitchen (2.46m x 2.19m). Fully-fitted with solid pine cabinets and units. White tiled floor, door leading to outside areas and garden. Smeg hob and oven.
Entrance Way and Hall. Solid oak flooring and original Victorian ceiling mouldings. Large storage space under stairs.
First floor and half-landing
Bathroom (2.46m x 2.33m). White bath with shower, sink and toilet. Window onto garden. Fully-functioning gas central heating boiler.
Master Bedroom (4.95m x 4.25m). Bay window with views over the crescent. Real-flame-effect, Art Deco style fire in chimney breast. Original Victorian ceiling rose and plaster mouldings.
Bedroom Two (3.96m x 3.43m). Generously proportioned room with large window with view over garden. Chimney breast and mantelpiece.
Bedroom Three (4m x 3.43m). Original Victorian fireplace with mantelpiece. Large window overlooking the garden.
Bedroom Four (3.86m x 2.72m). Original Victorian fireplace with mantelpiece. Large window overlooking the crescent.
Bedroom Five (2.92m x 2.26m). Large window overlooking the crescent.
Landing Area. Spacious landing (pictured, right), featuring access door to large loft space.
Garden and outside area
Lawned garden (10m x 5.80m) with decked and bricked patio areas. Mature, fruiting grapevine overhanging decked area.
Large garden shed with plenty of storage space.
Stand-alone utility room (containing washing machine and dryer).
Getting around on foot to:
• Brighton Main Line Station: 15 mins
• London Road Rail Station: 10 mins
• Brighton Town Centre and Royal Pavilion: 15 mins
• Brighton beach and Palace Pier: 15 mins
• North Laine and South Lanes: 15 mins
By train to London:
• Victoria: 54 mins
• London Bridge: 64 mins
• Charing Cross: 76 mins
• St Pancras International and King’s Cross: 80 mins
(All times approximate)
Schools, colleges and universities:
The following have very good results and are close by on foot:
• Downs Infant and Junior Schools
• Varndean and Dorothy Stringer Secondary Schools
• Varndean Sixth Form College
• City College, Brighton & Hove
• University of Sussex (short drive), Brighton University
Private schools within easy driving distance:
• Brighton College, Roedean School, Lancing College
• Shops and parks
• Large Sainsbury’s store and Lewes Road shops (including Co-op, Morrisons local): 2 min walk.
• The Open Market for fresh fish, meat, fruit and vegetables, deli and farm produce, fresh bread,
cakes etc: Approximate 10 min walk.
• London Road shopping area, including restaurants, pubs and The Emporium Theatre café and bar: 10 min walk.
• The Level (open playing fields, skate board park,
children’s playground and cafe): Approximate 10 min walk. Other local open spaces include Preston Park and Blaker’s Park.
Health and fitness
• Virgin Active Brighton Health and Racquet Club features gym and indoor and outdoor pools: Approximate 13 minute drive.
• Prince Regent Swimming Complex (12 Minute walk) is part of a group of five sports centres in Brighton including three swimming pools, five gyms, indoor and outdoor sports, crèches and hundreds of classes.
• There are many more fitness centers/clubs large and small to choose from around Brighton & Hove.
These particulars are intended to give a fair description of the property but their accuracy cannot be guaranteed, and they do not constitute an offer of contract. Intending purchasers must rely on their own inspection of the property. None of the above appliances/services have been tested by ourselves. We recommend purchasers arrange for a qualified person to check all appliances/services before legal commitment.